Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where do I begin ?

mmm yes.. where do I begin ?.. to tell a story..

That sounds like a song title but lately thats been the question that keeps challenging me as I scan the countless memories of the past years.. I used to scribble my thoughts and ramblings in little notes and often wish i had mastered the skills in compiling a decent scrapbook.

I keep recalling the times when my wife and I first decided to accept the commitment to build a family sanctuary. Our dreams of creating a serene, quiet and restful garden with lush greenery and beautiful flowers and abundant tropical fruit trees were always something that kept us preoccupied even to this day.

In the early 70's, we had found this very unique piece of land which is actually a true plateau.. some 2,800 ft above mean sea level and surrounded by very steep cliffs on all sides. Access, therefore, was very difficult if not impossible.. The only way to reach the plateau was to trek up along a narrow zig zag footpath !

And for a while that was the only way we reached this secret garden we now call Eagle Plateau. We had decided to call the place with the most obvious logical name.. It is a Plateau with a few beautiful Eagles soaring high above and can often be seen doing their routine flights over the area as if to patrol and protect against intruders.

Yes.. those were the days.. with limited access it was suitable mainly for a group of family and friends to trek up and enjoy a weekend picnic while we learned to plant some suitable tropical fruits like pineapples, bread fruit and other easy to grow fruits like bananas.

Our journey had begun..

No comments: